All businesses utilize advertisement of some sort. It is a necessity in order for a business to exist in a capitalist economy. Usually it is quite expensive to get your name out there and become well known, however there are a few ways to do just that with out bankrupting yourself. This is for those of you who have the marketing budget of a toddler in a candy store. Follow the tips outlined below and your business will be thriving in no time!
- Keep your phone lines open. You want your customers to be able to speak to you directly. The best way to keep the customers happy is to add a personal touch to your phone lines. Make sure to check up on those who call in with problems even after the problem is fixed. As long as your business is fairly small you should have little trouble maintaining some sort of personal relation with your audience. This causes your audience to trust you and want to do business.
- Stay involved offline. Make sure you’re on good terms with the neighboring businesses and maybe they’ll let you piggyback off their customer base. Good relations in the community lead to the opening of many doors. Be sure to attend large, public events!
- Stay involved online. In the age of the internet, marketing is easy! Buy a few banners on popular pages or just get involved in discussions which involve your business. Make sure people see your name.
- Have a target consumer group in mind. Sending fliers and leaflets all over the place is a good strategy if you can afford wasting thousands of copies, however if you know your audience you can print a much lower amount of aforementioned fliers and send them only to those who may actually be interested in your business. For example, if your business focuses on yard work don’t send fliers to people living in trailer parks.
- Mail. To be more specific, postcards. Send them. People read postcards because they have a personal flare to them. If you are going to send out a large amount of anything, make it these, they have a much higher return than simply a door-to-door leaflet or anything of the like.
- Alliances. Don’t be afraid to co-operate with others. Of course, you will want to avoid aiding your competitors, but if there are vendors with an audience similar to yours that are providing a separate service form a mutual partnership. It’s very difficult to expand your business on your own.
- Keep your customer base informed. Make sure you have a website and publish some sort of optional newsletter that will tell your customers what is going on with your business. This is easy to do and aside from paying for a host it is absolutely free. Just make sure you keep your website up-to-date! Don’t forget to maintain subscriptions for things such as the domain either. If your domain goes down people will have a hard time finding your site and that leads to a loss of potential customers!
- Word of mouth. It would be ideal if you could get every customer you have to refer two of their buddies however this rarely ever happens. To get the referral by word of mouth you simply must provide a spectacular service.
To be frank, these are just a few of them as this is a pretty vast field where different ideas and innovative practices come together to make out a creative solution which eventually helps the marketing technique to flourish all around and people star getting familiar with the products that are advertised to them through the media. Even the medical field is utilizing this new marketing tool to the hilt because a successful medical practice marketing strategy is made up of a number of channels.
While many of the tips listed are common sense, you would be surprised at how many small businesses overlook them. Marketing doesn’t have to be expensive as long as you are efficient in your techniques.